- Το χάρισμα του Αγίου Πνεύματος είναι αιώνια ζωή μέσω του Ιησού Χριστού του Κυρίου μας
- A full examination of the usage of the word pneuma (spirit) in the N.T. would be a work of great interest, but of no little dificulty. The passagens in which it occurs be generally classified as follows:-
- First, there are various references to the spirit of man, that part of human nature which is breathed into him by God.
- Secondly: mentions is often made of evil spirits, which are spoken of as personal beings, capable of allying themeselves with men and inflicting various evils upon them.
- Thirdly, there are references to the work of the Holy Spirit of God in John the Baptist and others before the day of Pentecost.
- Fourthly, some passages are found which speak of the Spirit of God dwelling and working in our Saviour during His earthly ministry.
- Fifthly, there are a number of passages which imply a special agency of the Holy Spirit, which has come into operations in consequences of the mediatorial work of the ascended Lord.
- Lastly, there are texts which speak of the effects produced in man by the Spirit of God, and which combine under the same designation both the Worker and the effect produced.
- The normal is charismatic disciple without the charisma he can become merely a intellectual of the Bible.
Rev.Robert B Girdelstone
Hon.Canon of Christ Church-1897.